Virtual Lab: Virtual Frog Dissection
1. If you come upon any terms that are unfamiliar to you, please refer to your textbook for further explanation or search the word here: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/dictionaryhome.aspx
2. In this exercise, you will be performing a virtual frog dissection. To begin, click on the “Introduction” link on the opening page. Read through and listen to the information presented to learn about the basics of dissection and animal phylogeny. When you are finished, click the “Menu” button at the bottom of the page to return to the opening page of the laboratory activity.
3. Once you are back to the opening page, click the “External Anatomy” button. Read through, watch and listen to the information presented in these segments. When you are finished, click the “Menu” button at the bottom of the page to return to the opening page of the laboratory activity.
4. The last portion of this activity involves an examination of the internal anatomy of a frog. To do this, click the “Internal Anatomy” button on the opening page of the laboratory. Read through, watch and listen to all of the information presented in these segments and actively participate where required. You may have to do a virtual cut on the frog by dragging the appropriate tool to the frog or label organs of the dissected frog by dragging the appropriate organ names to the site on the opened frog. Please STOP when you are through with each labeling step and be sure to fill in your final answers on Figures 1 and 2 below.
Figure 1: Digestive System Organs
Figure 2: Organs of the Circulatory, Respiratory, Excretory and Reproductive Systems
Frog Dissection Post-laboratory Questions:
1. The dorsal side of the leopard frog:
a. Is a light, solid color
b. Is a colored and patterned
c. Is initially cut during a dissection
d. A and C
2. Leopard frogs:
a. Are invertebrates
b. Are warm-blooded
c. Have a gills at one time during their life cycle
d. All of the above
3. In regards to the external anatomy of a leopard frog:
a. It is easy to tell the sex of the animal
b. The cloaca is at the anterior end of the animal
c. The feet of the hind limbs have 5 toes
d. All of the above
4. In the opened mouth of the leopard frog, one can see:
a. The nostrils
b. The glottis
c. The vomerine teeth
d. A and B
e. All of the above
5. Which of the following is found in the digestive system of the leopard frog but not in that of a human?
a. Gall bladder
e. None of the above
6. Arteries in the circulatory system:
a. Carry blood to the heart
b. Carry blood away from the heart
c. Carry out diffusion of gases
7. In the leopard frog heart:
a. The right atrium carries oxygen rich blood
b. The left atrium carries oxygen poor blood
c. There are 3 chambers present
d. All of the above
8. By comparison to the leopard frog heart, the human heart:
a. Has 4 chambers present
b. Carries mixed blood in the ventricles
c. Is more efficient
d. A and C
e. All of the above
9. Fat bodies play a role in:
e. C and D
10. The most anterior portion of the leopard frog brain is/are the:
a. Olfactory lobes
c. Optic lobes
Virtual Lab: Virtual Fetal Pig Dissection
Figure 1: Fetal Pig – Digestive System
Identify the organ (or structure)
14. _____________________________ Opening (valve) between stomach and small intestine.
15. _____________________________ Stores bile, lies underneath the liver.
16. _____________________________ A branch of the large intestine, a dead end.
17. _____________________________ Separates the thoracic and abdominal cavity
18. _____________________________ Membrane that holds the coils of the small intestine.
19. _____________________________ The straight part of the small intestine, after stomach.
20. _____________________________ Empties bile into the duodenum from the gall bladder.
21. _____________________________ The last stretch of large intestine
22. _____________________________ Bumpy structure under the stomach; makes insulin
23. _____________________________ Lies between the two umbilical vessels.
Figure 2: Urinary and Reproductive Systems
Identify the Organs (or structure) on the above diagram:
Identify the organ:
· Urine passes through the _________ to reach the urinary ___________ for storage.
· Urine exits the ________ to the outside through the ____________
· The ______________ is where sperm production takes place.
· The ______________ contain all the developing eggs the female pig will ever have.
· Called a ___________________ in humans, the __________ receives the egg from the ovary at ovulation.
· Fertilized eggs travel from the oviducts into the ______________ for implantation.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.