Exam: 186080RR – Introduction to Print Reading
1. You’re machining a “rush” part for a repair order from a scale drawing print given to you by the project engineer. As you begin to machine an end feature, you find a dimension missing. To produce the part on time, you could
A. use a precision scale to determine the missing dimension from the print.
B. go back to the project engineer or drafter to get the true dimension.
C. approximate the dimension as best you can based on the way the part must look and function.
D. assume that since the dimension is missing it isn’t critical.
2. In the figure above, section D-D is a
A. half-section view of the Top Head.
B. side elevation of the Top Head.
C. plan view of the Bottom Head.
D. full section of the Top Head.
3. The Header in the figure above is a
A. solid rod one inch long, with threads extending .188 from one end.
B. one-inch-long tube threaded on the inside diameter.
C. one-inch-long tube with a .034 wall thickness, threaded on one end.
D. solid rod one inch long and .120 inches in diameter.
4. One of your job responsibilities is to determine the amount of asphalt used for a supermarket parking lot. You’ll estimate
the quantity of asphalt based on the number of square feet of parking-lot surface. To interpret a D-size drawing, you’ll use
A. an architect’s scale ruler at a scale of 1″ = 40′.
B. an engineer’s scale with inches and tenths of inches.
C. a common yardstick calibrated in inches.
D. a carpenter’s tape marked in centimeters.
5. The Bearing in the figure above shows two sets of dashed lines in the left side view that are
A. most likely two oil holes to the .188 diameter.
B. representing the threaded hole into the .188 diameter.
C. cutting-plane lines for another sectional view.
D. a .156 diameter hole.
6. In the figure above, what is the inside diameter of the crankshaft?
7. A complex gear drawing done on a drawing sheet marked M-1 has many section views showing important interior details
of the gear. One of the cutting-plane lines is marked at the ends with a callout in a circular bubble that says 7 above a line
and M-3 below the line. To find this detail, you would
A. go to another drawing labeled Sheet 7.
B. look around the print for a detail labeled 7.
C. look around the print for a detail labeled M-3.
D. go to Sheet M-3 and look for a detail labeled 7.
8. A two-view tapered cone shown in the title block of a print is the
A. symbol used to designate a mechanical drawing.
B. symbol for the use of the third-angle projection standard for U.S. drawings.
C. symbol used to show which projection angle is used for displaying orthographic projections.
D. international symbol for a plan view of a mechanical part.
9. In the figure above, the overall height of the crank
A. is 2.000 inches because of the noted radius.
B. cannot be determined from these views alone.
C. can be calculated to be .875 inches.
D. must be scaled due to missing dimensions.
10. A pipe with an outside diameter of 4.50″ ± .05″ and an inside diameter of 3.75″ ± .05″ will have an OD of _______ and
an ID of _______ for the MMC.
A. 4.50″, 3.80″
B. 4.55″, 3.70″
C. 4.00″, 3.50″
D. 4.55″, 3.80″
11. You’re making a part with a specified length of 3.1255 inches. Referring to the figure above, what is the minimum
dimension an inspector would accept?
A. 3.1305 inches
B. 3.1555 inches
C. 3.1247 inches
D. 3.1255 inches
12. An engineer who has changed a part dimension from 0.500″ to 0.750″ would have the change noted on the drawing in
A. revision block.
B. standard tolerances.
C. scale block.
D. drawing numbers.
13. Referring to the figure above, you’re asked to pull 25 finished connecting rods from the inventory with which you’ll
create final assemblies. In the parts bins, you should look for parts that are
A. solid shafts .250 inches in diameter and 2.500 inches long.
B. hollow shafts .125 inches in diameter and threaded on both ends.
C. solid .094 diameter shafts threaded on both ends.
D. solid .125 diameter shafts 1.813 inches long, with threaded ends.
14. In the figure above, part number 5 is
A. shown only in the perspective view.
B. an internal part made of aluminum.
C. a cylinder made of cast aluminum.
D. a connecting rod made of mild steel.
15. In the figure above, what is the total quantity of items that make up the assembly?
16. Prints for parts with symmetry in one plane, such as shafts or plates,
A. are usually shown combined with multiple parts of the same print.
B. should be shown using third-angle projection standards and three full views.
C. are usually displayed using first-angle projection in two views.
D. are usually shown using one view.
17. A 4 : 1 scale drawing of a bearing is shown on an A-size print. Using a ruler, you measure the inside diameter of the part
on the paper and you get 1.50 inches. What is the actual part size in inches?
18. In the figure above, the threaded hole is _______ inches away form the center of the crank.
19. A length of pipe will weigh the most when
A. the OD and ID are at the maximum allowable limit.
B. the OD and ID are at the minimum allowable limit.
C. part dimensions are such that the pipe is in the MMC.
D. part dimensions are such that the pipe is in the LMC.
20. In the figure above, the view in the upper right corner of the figure is a(n) _______ view.
End of exam
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.