The final project for the course is a technical blog post related to a data analysis project you will work on piecemeal over the course of the semester.
The project is very open ended. The objective is to demonstrate your skill in asking meaningful questions of your data and answering them with results of the data analysis using R / Rmarkdown, and that your proficiency in interpreting and presenting the results. The goal is not to conduct an exhaustive data analysis. The data analysis part should meet the following criteria:
1. Perform exploratory data analysis summarizing your data using descriptive statistics / summary statistics and visualizations relevant to your questions or ones that highlight some interesting insight.
2. Demonstrate at least two of the following techniques we have learned in class and that helps answer your question: PCA, hypothesis testing / confidence interval, regression analysis (linear /logistic)
The first task is to identify the dataset, understand the data and write questions you are planning to answer using that dataset. You may pick a data set from one of the resources mentioned on this webpage (Links to an external site.). The proposal should meet the following criteria:
1. Perform checks to determine quality of the data (missing values, outliers, etc.)
2. Proposal on what questions you are interested in answering from the data
3. Initial visualizations and if required transform to get the data ready
A good reference for ideas on questions and EDA in general: https://r4ds.had.co.nz/exploratory-data-analysis.html#questions
More information on the format:
It should be about 2+ pages in length, not exceeding 10 with appendix. It should include roughly the following sections:
1. Background or the context of data selected – sources, description of how it was collected, time period it represents, context in it was collected if available, perhaps why you selected it
2. Description of the data – how big is it (number of observations, variables), how many numeric variables, how many categorical variables, description of the variables
3. Goal – What questions you plan to understand from the data.
3. Analysis – Descriptive statistics and visualization of key variables
4. Summary of findings from the analysis and further questions for future analysis
5. References – link to data or analysis sources you have referenced for the report
6. Appendix – all the visualization that does not support your questions directly can go here
The project should include
1. Introduction: What is your research question? Why do you care? Why should others care? If you know of any other related work done by others, please include a brief description.
2. Data: Include context about the data covering:
a. Data source: Include the citation for your data, and provide link to the source.
b. Data collection: Context on how the data was collected?
c. Cases: What are the cases (units of observation or experiment)? What do the rows represent in your dataset?
d. Variables: What are the variables you will be studying?
e. Type of study: was it an observational study or an experiment?
f. Data clean-up: (Optional) If you had to do any data clean up (missing values, outliers, transformation), include a very brief description of your steps.
3. Exploratory Data Analysis: summarize your data using descriptive statistics / summary statistics and visualizations relevant to your questions or ones that highlight some interesting insight. Additional plots not relevant to your research question can be included in the appendix.
4. Data Analysis: Pick and perform two of the following techniques we have learned in class and that helps answer your question about the dataset: PCA, hypothesis testing / confidence interval, regression analysis (linear /logistic)
5. Conclusion: Summarize your findings and include a discussion of what you have learned about your data through this project. You may also want to include limitations of your approach and include ideas for possible future work.
6. References: Include links that you have referenced for this project.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.