Supply & Demand – Krispy Kremes!
Below is a SUPPLY SCHEDULE showing the quantity of chocolate glazed doughnuts a business is willing to SELL at various prices during a given time period.
SUPPLY SCHEDULE 1
Price per Doughnut Quantity Supplied
Now, let’s say that the cost of flour, sugar, and chocolate used in making doughnuts FALLS. Krispy Kreme will be willing to produce more doughnuts, so there will be an INCREASE in SUPPLY, and there will be a whole new supply schedule.
INCREASED SUPPLY SCHEDULE II
Price per Doughnut Quantity Supplied
Supply increases >
Supply decreases <
Study the Supply schedules above, and answer the following questions:
1. As prices decrease, the quantity supplied < and as prices increase the quantity supplied >
2. This is called a DIRECT RELATIONSHIP. Why? Increase in price creates a decrease in supply and vise versa
3. If the sugar cane crop was destroyed and cost of sugar increased sharply, the cost of producing
doughnuts would increase, the supply might <
Read each situation below. Decide if supply would increase/decrease.
4. Government pays subsidies to farmers NOT to grow tobacco. <
5. Someone invents a better way to grow and harvest wheat. <
6. Mad cow disease kills 25% of cows in England. <
7. Business costs increase due to raised taxes. <
8. The price of microprocessors used to produce laptops drops. >
9. A spring frost killed one third of the strawberry crop. <
Below is a DEMAND SCHEDULE showing the quantity of chocolate glazed doughnuts people are willing to BUY at various prices during a given time period.
DEMAND SCHEDULE I
Price per Doughnut QuantityDemanded
Okay, what if people’s incomes have increased, and they have MORE MONEY to spend. There will be an INCREASE in DEMAND, and there will be a whole new demand schedule.
INCREASED DEMAND SCHEDULE II
Price per Doughnut Quantity Demanded
Demand increases >
Demand decreases <
Study the Demand Schedules above and answer the following questions:
11. As prices < the quantity demanded > and as prices >, the quantity demanded <
12. This is called an INVERSE RELATIONSHIP. Why? Because as price increases demand decreases and vise versa
13. If arsenic poison was found in a popular brand of hot dogs, the demand for hot dog buns might decrease
Read each situation below. Decide if demand would increase/decrease.
14. A recent tax cut raises workers’ disposable incomes.
15. Bell-bottom hip huggers are now the hottest style in jeans. DEMAND increase
16. A new artificial sweetener has been linked to cancer.
17. Aspirin has been proven in studies to lower risk of heart attack. DEMAND increase
18. Oranges are very expensive due to a fungal disease.
19. Homes in an area recently named “Top Town in America.” DEMAND increase
20. Use Supply Schedule 1 and Demand Schedule 1
Then, highlight the equilibrium price, and label it.
At what price will the quantity of doughnuts that people are willing to buy (quantity demanded) be equal to the quantity of doughnuts that people are willing to sell (quantity supplied)? The price is $_ and the quantity is _doughnuts.
21. Use Supply Schedule 2 (increase in supply!) & Demand Schedule 1 Then, highlight the equilibrium price and label it.
After the increase in supply, at what price will the Quantity Demanded now be equal to the Quantity Supplied? The price is $._ and the quantity is _ doughnuts.
22. Compared to your answers in question #21, the
price has now _ and the quantity demanded has _.
23. Use Supply Schedule 1 (more income, higher demand)
& Demand Schedule 2 Then, highlight the equilibrium price and label it. After the increase in demand, at what price will the Quantity Demanded now be equal to the Quantity Supplied?
The price is $ ._ and the quantity is _ doughnuts.
24. Compared to your answers in question #21, the price of Doughnuts has now _ and the quantity supplied has _.
Use your brain and try these: (Hint: always insert “price”)
25. A decrease in supply would cause quantity demanded to _.
26. A decrease in demand would cause quantity supplied to _.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.