A Man of the People
1. When the novel opens, what is Odili’s profession, and how does it impact his view of the Nanga’s visit?
3. Why has Odili agreed to go to the capital, Bori? What are his impressions of Nanga and the other Ministers, diplomats, socialites, etc. whom he encounters?
4. What is at the root of Odili’s feelings of betrayal by Chief Nanga and Elsie? Is he right about Elsie?
6. What does Odili decide is the best revenge for the betrayal?
7. Why have Max and his circle decided to find the Common People’s Convention?
8. What are Odili’s impressions of Edna’s father? How are these related to his impressions of Nanga and other Big Men?
9. In Anata, Odili’s decision to run against Nanga is greeted with hostility from most of the residents. How does this play out?
10. What is Chief Nanga’s final fate?
11. Does Odili succeed in exacting his “revenge” on chief Nanga?
1. Patrick Chamoiseau divides School Days into two parts, “Longing” and “Survival.” How do the two sections relate to each other? What do they reveal about Chamoiseau’s attitude about his early education?
2. On page 30 of our text, the narrator informs us that the Little Boy has often heard his Papa tell the Baroness, “…that at such places, you went in a sheep only to come out a goat.” What does the Papa mean? Does this warning match the Little Boy’s experience or any other character’s experience?
3. None of the principal characters in the novel have names. Our narrator calls himself the Little Boy, and those characters outside his family are identified by labels: “The Teacher,” “Monsieur Le Directeur,” and “Big Bellybutton,” which is a nickname and an attribute. Why name family members and Mam Saliniere (but not the Papa)? What is the significance of the label-names they do have? What is the effect upon the reader? What might be the author’s purpose in doing this? Is he successful?
4. Think about the relationships between language and culture, language and status, and language and power. How does the novel address these connections? How are these connections related to the Papa’s warning to the Baroness?
5. Consider the conflict between Big Bellybutton and the Teacher. Why has the Teacher targeted Big Bellybutton for special humiliation? What do we learn about Big Bellybutton’s internal character? How is this conflict related to the Papa’s warning?
6. The narrator spends a lot of time and space describing the marbles game, “mab.” How does this section relate to the experiences at school, both on the playground in the classroom?
**Must answer all 17 questions.**
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.