Professor: Joseph O. Esin, FSMA, FWCCRD.
What is a Case Study?
· The purpose of a case study is to walk the reader through a situation where a problem is presented, background information provided and a description of the solution given, along with how it was derived.
· A case study can be written to encourage the reader to come up with his or her own solution or to review the solution that was already implemented.
· The goal of the writer is to give the reader experiences similar to those the writer had as he or she researched the situation presented.
· How to Write a Case Study
· Several steps must be taken before actually writing anything:
· Describe Situation/Problem: Choose the situation on which to write
· Background: Gather as much information as possible about the situation
· Background: Analyze all of the elements surrounding the situation
· Describe the Solution: Determine the final solution implemented
· Analyze the Results of the Solution: Gather information about why the solution worked or did not work
· For maximum points, a thorough case analysis thus has several phases; define the problem; list assumptions made; explore alternative solutions including consideration of costs and benefits; develop three alternative action plans; choose one of the plans to implement that can best resolve the issue most appropriately; and design accountability structures and processes to assess the outcomes and ensure the resolution is effective and sustained.
APA style with a cover page is required see https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
File Formats (Creativity Counts)
A standard research paper format may be used for this; however, for max points, use the latest technological presentation tools or video to present your ideas (PowerPoint, Prezi, iMovie, Adobe Portfolio, Google Drive – Presentation, YouTube, etc.). You are not limited to this list of tools; however, study your desired tool carefully. Make sure that the resulting file is both creative and designed for presentation to a professional audience.
Case_Study1_YourFirstName_YourLastName (pptx/docx/…extensions vary by chosen tool) see File Formats section below.
Upload the resulting file via the Browse My Computer button for this Assignment.
Case to Analyze
Week 4: Lab. Assignment.
Dwayne and Debbie Tamai Family of Emeryville, Ontario.
Mr. Dwayne Tamai and Mrs. Debbie Tamai case of electronic harassment involved 15-year-old son, Billy, who took control of all of the electronic devices in the family’s home, including the phone, and manipulated them to the distress of other family members for his own amusement. The incidents began in December 1996, when friends of the family complained that phone calls to the Tamai home were repeatedly being waylaid, cut off missed messages, strange clicking and appears like a minor with a disembodied voice, unnervingly distorted by computer, who interrupted calls to make himself known.
After burping repeatedly, the caller frightened Mr. and Mrs. Tamai, and stated that I know who you are, and I stole your voice mail. Mocking, sometimes menacing, the high-tech stalker became a constant presence, eavesdropping on family conversations, switching TV channels, and shutting off the electricity.
The police department confirmed that the sabotage was an inside activity but refrain from releasing the name the culprit. The police further stated that nothing would be gained by filing charges against the suspect. Mr. Dwayne and Mrs. Debbie Tamai asserted that their son, Billy, had admitted engaging in the mysterious calls. The interruptions included burps, blathering and claims having control over the inner workings of the Tamai’s custom-built home, and the power to turn individual appliances on and off via remote control.
It started off as a witticism with friends and got out of control to an extent that he didn’t know how to end the entire operation, become afraid to come forward and tell the parents for the fear of us disowning him.
On Saturday, Mr., and Mrs. Tamai get organized and planned to take their son to the police department to defend him against persistent rumors on him. Instead, Mr., and Mrs. Tamai’s son confessed and labelled an intruder code-named, Sommy. Mr., and Mrs. Tamai eliminated all external sources and had confidence in interior sources. After 2-days, a team of investigators, intelligence and security experts loaded with high-tech equipment failed to locate Sommy. The next day, the team brought in two television networks to assist in the process.
In conclusion, the son, Billy not (Sommy) contacted the victims; (his biological parents), launched verbal threats in combination with the electronic harassment, in an effort to demonstrate his power and authority over them. The best option was, Mr., and Mrs. Tamai victims were not physically harmed, but terrified and greatly inconvenienced by the fact that the unknown force appeared to have control over a great many aspects of their lives, and the unknown force turned out to be their biological son, Billy.
Criminal motive is connected to emotional, psychological, and material need are often impel by means of behavior and independent of technology operation. These criminal tendencies are believed to champion the restoration of the criminal’s self-confidence, and self-worth which lead criminals to the path of temporary gratification, inadequacy, and incompetence.
1:1 Provide a comprehensive narrative of Billy’s competency and creating emotional distress on his parents.
1:2 Identify the role of Sommy in this operation
The police department confirmed that the sabotage was an inside activity but refrain from releasing the name the culprit. The police further stated that nothing would be gained by filing charges against the suspect.
2:1 What level of criminal behavior was exhibited by Billy in this operation?
2:2 The entire operation is classified as a serious domestic problem, why didn’t the police officer file charges against the suspect?
3:1 Modern approach use computer and internet technologies identify offender modus operandi, criminal intent, and motive.
3:2 Describe the impact of computer and internet technologies of Billy MO and criminal motive in this situation.
Casey, Eoghan (2011). Digital Evidence and Computer Crime. Elsevier
Science. Kindle Edition; San Diego: CA
At a Christian liberal arts university committed to the pursuit of truth and understanding, any act of academic dishonesty is especially distressing and cannot be tolerated. In general, academic dishonesty involves the abuse and misuse of information or people to gain an undeserved academic advantage or evaluation. The common forms of academic dishonesty include:
· Cheating – using deception in the taking of tests or the preparation of written work, using unauthorized materials, copying another person’s work with or without consent, or assisting another in such activities.
· Lying – falsifying, fabricating, or forging information in either written, spoken, or video presentations.
· Plagiarism—using the published writings, data, interpretations, or ideas of another without proper documentation
Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.
1. Use Case Study format to analyze the case. Read carefully, the For maximum points section. Look at cases from the text of this class for inspiration.
2. Be sure to address all of the case study elements described herein.
3. Be sure to state your full name, Teacher Name, Course, and semester on the cover/intro pages/slides.
4. Show your creativity. How would you solve this particular case?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.