In the first part of the book, there is focus placed on three key areas, that can be summed up by avoiding outward criticism/condemnation/complaining, affirming the good in others, and connecting to core desires. We identified some common themes resulting from our discussion on part one. With each of these themes, however, I would like you to pay attention to one overarching connection, and that is the connection of each of the themes to our core values and how our core values are violated as a result of these themes:
1) The “good” is often not affirmed because it assumed
2) Sometimes people don’t want to be good to or help other people be successful, because it creates competition
3) Many people think their opinion should be valued, and as such, the opinion is deemed as “right,” creating a lot of confusion
4) Social media lets us be blunter with how we might speak, but also allows us to hide behind our words and our screens. It also creates a reactive environment, where people tend to react without having facts first
5) Criticism can be used as a tool to help people grow, but it is difficult to strike the right balance so as to not offend
6) “I” statements, and monologue-type behavior are generally off-putting, but we are all acutely aware (at least in this class) of our own personal usage and how that influences us on a day-to-day basis
Part 2 of HTWF highlights the six ways to make a lasting impression by doing the following:
There are six themes (above) that we extracted from our first discussion. Please address each theme in the context of the “six ways to make a first impression” presented in Part 2 of HTWF by answering the following questions. Some questions have multiple questions that should be addressed. Please feel free to exercise the same creativity and insight drawing from your own personal experiences in addition to the readings to construct your responses.
1) If the good in people isn’t affirmed, but rather assumed, how might we improve communication by starting to affirm the good that people do? (use examples from Part 2 HTWF to support your position).
2) Some people really don’t want to elevate others to a level of success because they feel that it is hurting their chances for success and creates competition. The sixth chapter, “Leave Things a Little Better,” addresses some of this. How would you approach applying this in your own life and how do you think leaving things a little better would improve the quality of life for everyone?
3) Using examples from Part 2, how would you make someone’s opinion feel valued even if you don’t agree with their stance? Short from wanting to punch someone in the face (violence is NEVER the answer!), how can you use those techniques to manage your own emotions when you feel you are dealing with someone who steadfastly believes their opinion is the only one that matters?
4) Criticism has become a “dirty word” in our general vocabulary (again, as a result of our changing norms of our society, that we must not offend, we must value, and we shouldn’t criticize because everyone is important). How might you use the suggestions in Part 2 to help you personally deal with criticism that is directed toward you? How might you anticipate the techniques improving how you might approach directing criticism at someone else?
5) What techniques can you use to ensure you are properly balanced between “I” statements (monologue communication), and achieving proper messaging to those you communicate with? Keep in mind, there’s nothing wrong with “I” statements, unless they clog the flow of the communication.
6) In what ways are core values violated in the themes identified from Part 1’s discussion? How can the techniques presented in Part 2 bring us closer to our core values in the ways we choose to communicate? Why might this be difficult for a lot of people?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.