Information Literacy Lesson 2
1. The top-level domain name of .com indicates that the website is A. educational. B. commercial. C. government-related. D. nonprofit.
2. Plain language searches do not work in EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP) and may not work in other periodical databases because periodical databases A. require only subject-related searches. B. use only keyword searches. C. aren’t programmed to understand plain language searches. D. recognize only synonyms.
3. Which of the following is an online library? A. iSEEK Education B. Dogpile C. RefSeek D. WorldCat
4. In EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP), the publication field indicates A. in which publication (magazine, book, and so on) the source can be found. B. in which volume the article is published. C. when the source was published. D. the length of the article.
5. Using a minus (-) sign in your search indicates that A. the term needs to be included in your search. B. the word should be excluded from your search. C. the hits need to be evaluated according to a mathematical formula. D. the search engine or database needs to perform calculations.
6. Why is the viewpoint of an author important? A. It expresses popular opinion. B. It helps you to determine whether an article is biased or unbiased. C. It states your point of view on a particular topic. D. It provides you with direct quotes for your research.
7. When is the best time to cite a source? A. As soon as you find the source B. As soon as you decide a source is not worth using in your paper C. When you start to create your bibliography D. Before you find the source
8. The search engine Bing offers A. related search ideas and search suggestions as you type in the search bar, as well as various search options. B. different results gleaned from URLs and tags for different subjects searched. C. more than 100,000 sources from universities, the government, and noncommercial providers. D. searches across library catalogs, newspapers, journal articles, and the Web.
9. Which of the following statements about human-power search engines is true? A. The selection process is unregulated, so the results are thought to be of lower quality. B. Links are selected by users. C. Users send in their search request and then the search engine librarians find materials for them. D. People code the search engine so that they’ll populate lists of trending search terms and phrases.
10. Examples of common search engines used for research include A. Open Library, Project Gutenberg, and The Internet Public Library. B. EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP), Reader’s Guide, and Dogpile. C. Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. D. Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
11. As long as you have a library card, you can access A. public libraries, college libraries, and local libraries. B. online databases, place holds on materials, provide the library with purchasing suggestions for future materials, and request resources via interlibrary loan. C. WorldCat and The Library of Congress and borrow interlibrary loan materials from them. D. The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, London Times, LA Times, and The Chicago Tribune and view and print full text articles from each of them.
12. What is EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP)? A. A periodical database B. A Boolean search engine C. A metasearch engine D. An open-access search engine on the Web
13. Examples of metasearch engines include A. RefSeek, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. B. Search.com, Dogpile, and MetaLib. C. Google, Bing, and Yahoo. D. Google Scholar, iSEEK, and Academic Index.
14. An automated spider does the following: A. Matches entries to the databases when searches are conducted B. Systemically browse websites and build lists of words C. Displays pages that are sorted and ranked. D. Locates pages containing words.
15. Penn Foster’s own Digital Library is accessed via A. the Library services icon on Penn Foster’s Online Community. B. the Library Services icon on the right sidebar of your Student Portal page. C. the internet using only Google or Explorer and searching the tool bar. D. the Online Community by clicking on Academic Spaces.
16. The best way to access EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP) is to A. perform an Internet search for “EDSeek database.” B. log into your Penn Foster Student Portal Page and click on the Library Services Button on the right sidebar. C. perform a search engine search for “EDSeek” and choose from the list of hits. D. log onto your Penn Foster Student Portal and choose the Information Literacy course.
17. Which of the following questions should you ask to help determine the suitability of a source? A. “Why was this source not in a database?” B. “Who authored the source?” C. “Are there any images?” D. “How many pages does this source have?”
18. Examples of common search engines used for research include A. Google, Bing, and Yahoo. B. Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. C. EDSeek, Reader’s Guide, and Dogpile. D. Open Library, Project Gutenberg, and The Internet Public Library.
19. What is WorldCat? A. A database of more than 72,000 documents for education professionals B. A source for library and information professionals C. An international database of libraries and their collections D. An Internet archive that serves as a one-stop spot for research End of exam
20. On Page 22 of 46 in Lesson 2 of Information Literacy, the arrow for section #3 in the Expanded Academic ASAP citation is pointing to A. Publication (journals, etc.). B. Title. C. Author (editor, etc.). D. Volume.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.