Due: Week 4 in Assignments by Sunday, 11:59pm
100 points; 15% of course grade
500-800 words (2-3 pages)
Scholarly Research Requirements:
The News Report asked you to think like a journalist or a consumer of the news.
Taylor, K. (2020, July 20) Until Black Women Are Free, None of Us Will Be Free. The New Yorker. Retrieved from https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/until-black-women-are-free-none-of-us-will-be-free
Now, the Research Component asks you to think like a Women’s Studies’ scholar: How does the information reported in the news article connect to scholarly research in the field? What do scholars already know that can deepen our understanding of the information reported in the article?
This assignment will also provide an orientation to the interdisciplinary scholarly resources available for Women’s Studies’ students and scholars.
First (1), visit the Research Guide for Women’s Studies at the UMGC Library. Spend some time exploring the available resources.
To access the Research Guide for Women’s Studies
· Click on “Resources” > “Library” from inside the LEO Classroom
· Click on “Research Guides” in the tabs above the search box on the library search page
· Click on “Select a Guide” and scroll down to “Research Guide for Women’s Studies”
Second (2), using any of the databases or eresources available in the Research Guide, research some aspect of your news article. You should be looking for scholarly resources. If the first database or set of resources returns few options or only news articles and not scholarly articles, choose another database. You could focus on the main topic of the article (such as the gender wage gap, or women in the military), on a specific person discussed in the article (such as an activist, or a politician), or on a location discussed in the article (such as women in the Midwest, or women in Nigeria), or on a related idea (such as the history of cosmetics, or female-centered religions). Remember to maintain a focus on a topic of interest to Women’s Studies.
Third (3), choose two of the scholarly resources you discover, and write an annotated bibliography of 500-800 words as described here. Chosen resources should be no more than 10 years old.
· If you are unsure how to determine if a given resource is “scholarly” or not, here is a guide to evaluating resources: https://sites.umgc.edu/library/libhow/articles.cfm
· If you need help formatting an Annotated Bibliography, here are two good resources:
o How to Write an Annotated Bibliography at the UMGC Library [note that this assignment asks you to include both types of annotations described here for each entry]
Your annotated bibliography should include
1. An introduction: Explain which topic you chose to explore and why, and how you used the Research Guide to find scholarly work on that topic. Remember to explicitly state the connection to the news article you chose for the News Report.
2. Two annotated bibliographic references. Each of these should include:
1. The full citation, properly cited in APA 7 Style. Note that different types of publications (journal articles, encyclopedia entries, ebooks) will require different citation styles.
2. A 1-paragraph summary of the findings of the research. You should actually read both resources you present. This summary should be in your own words. Do not copy from the summary or abstract that appears in the online library reference listing.
3. A 1-2 paragraph evaluation of the resource. How does the news article confirm, complicate, illustrate, or otherwise relate to the news article? How does it deepen your understanding of the same subject as covered in the news article?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.