1. Which of the following is not a step in the accounting process?
2. Which of the following statements about users of accounting information is incorrect?
Regulatory authorities are internal users.
Present creditors are external users.
Management is an internal user.
Taxing authorities are external users.
3. The first step in solving an ethical dilemma is to
identify and analyze the principal elements in the situation.
recognize an ethical situation and the ethical issues involved.
weigh the impact of each alternative on various stakeholders.
Identify the alternatives.
4. The historical cost principle states that
assets should be initially recorded at cost and adjusted when the fair value changes.
only transaction data capable of being expressed in terms of money be included in the accounting records.
activities of an entity are to be kept separate and distinct from its owner.
assets should be recorded at their cost.
5. Which of the following statements about basic assumptions is correct?
The economic entity assumption states that there should be a particular unit of accountability.
The monetary unit assumption enables accounting to measure employee morale.
Partnerships are not economic entities.
Basic assumptions are the same as accounting principles.
6. Liabilities of a company would not include
salaries and wages payable.
7. Performing services on account will
increase assets and decrease owner’s equity.
increase assets and increase liabilities.
increase liabilities and increase owner’s equity.
increase assets and increase owner’s equity.
8. All of the following descriptions about an account are true except
An account may be part of a manual or a computerized accounting system.
An account is a source document.
An account has a title.
An account has a debit and credit side.
9. When a company earns revenues, owner’s equity increases.
10. The first step in the recording process is to
enter in a journal.
prepare a trial balance.
prepare the financial statements.
analyze each transaction for its effect on the accounts.
11. An entry that requires more than two accounts is a compound entry.
12. Management could determine the amounts due from customers by examining which ledger account?
is accomplished by examining ledger accounts and seeing which ones need updating.
involves transferring all debits and credits on a journal page to the trial balance.
accumulates the effects of journalized transactions in the individual accounts.
14. A trial balance would only help in detecting which one of the following errors?
A transaction that is not journalized.
Offsetting errors made in recording the transaction.
A transposition error when transferring the debit side of the journal entry to the ledger.
A journal entry that is posted twice.
15. Which of the following time periods would not be referred to as an interim period?
16. The revenue recognition principle dictates that revenue should be recognized in the accounting records
when services are performed.
when cash is received.
at the end of the month.
in the period that income taxes are paid.
17. An adjusting entry always affects
an expense account and a revenue account.
an asset account and a revenue account.
an asset account and a liability account.
an income statement account and a balance sheet account.
18. Accumulated Depreciation is an asset account.
19. Clark Real Estate signed a four-month note payable in the amount of $8,000 on September 1. The note requires interest at an annual rate of 12%. The amount of interest to be accrued at the end of September is
20. The adjusted trial balance is prepared
after the financial statements are prepared.
after the balance sheet is prepared.
after the adjusting entries are prepared and posted to the ledger.
to prove no errors have been made during the accounting period.
21. If a company initially records the purchase of supplies to the Supplies Expense account, the amount of the adjusting entry made at the end of an accounting period will be equal to
the supplies on hand at the end of the period.
the supplies used during the period.
the supplies purchased during the period.
the supplies not paid for by the end of the period.
22. Companies journalize the adjustments after they complete the worksheet but before preparing the financial statements.
23. The Owner’s Drawings account is closed through the Income Summary account.
24. The purpose of the post-closing trial balance is to
prove that no mistakes were made.
prove the equality of the balance sheet account balances that are carried forward into the next accounting period.
list all the balance sheet accounts in alphabetical order for easy reference.
prove the equality of the income statement account balances that are carried forward into the next accounting period.
25. Which of the following steps in the accounting cycle may be performed more frequently than annually?
journalize closing entries
post closing entries
prepare a trial balance
prepare a post-closing trial balance
26. Correcting entries
affect income statement accounts only.
affect balance sheet accounts only.
may involve any combination of accounts in need of correction.
always affect at least one balance sheet account and one income statement account.
27. Current liabilities are obligations that are reasonably expected to be paid from existing current assets or through the creation of other current liabilities.
28. Use of reversing entries
simplifies the recording of subsequent transactions.
is a required step in the accounting cycle.
is required for all adjusting entries.
changes the amount reported in the financial statements.
29. In a perpetual inventory system, a company determines the cost of goods sold each time a sale occurs.
30. Stine Company purchased merchandise with an invoice price of $2,000 and credit terms of 1/10, n/30. Assuming a 365 day year, what is the implied annual interest rate inherent in the credit terms?
31. In a perpetual inventory system, the Cost of Goods Sold account is used
only when a cash sale of merchandise occurs.
only when a credit sale of merchandise occurs.
only when a sale of merchandise occurs.
whenever there is a sale of merchandise or a return of merchandise sold.
32. In preparing closing entries for a merchandiser, the Income Summary account will be credited for the balance of
33. Indicate which one of the following would appear on the income statement of both a merchandiser and a service company.
Cost of goods sold
34. Which of the following accounts will appear in the trial balance of a merchandising company but not a service company?
Salaries and Wages Expense.
Accumulated Depreciation – Equipment.
35. Which one of the following transactions is recorded with the same entry in a perpetual and a periodic inventory system?
Payment of freight costs on a purchase
Sale of merchandise on credit
Cash received on account with a discount
Return of merchandise sold
36. When the terms of sale are FOB shipping point, ownership of the goods remains with the seller until the goods reach the buyer.
37. The FIFO method assumes that the earliest goods purchased are the first to be sold.
38. In periods of rising prices, the inventory method which results in the inventory value on the balance sheet that is closest to current cost is the
average cost method.
39. The lower-of-cost–or-market basis of valuing inventories is an example of
the historical cost principle.
40. Understating beginning inventory will understate
cost of goods sold.
41. Inventory turnover is calculated by dividing cost of goods sold by
42. A new average cost is computed each time a purchase is made in the
average cost method.
all of these methods.
moving-average cost method.
weighted-average cost method.
43. The consistent application of an inventory costing method is essential for
44. Understating beginning inventory will understate
cost of goods sold.
45. Disclosures about inventory should include each of the following except the
basis of accounting.
quantity of inventory.
major inventory classifications.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Buy An Essay, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Buy An Essay has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Buy An Essay, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.